This blog was created by author Diana Rowe, to inspire you to soar beyond your present circumstances.
You're invited to share positive thoughts.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Greater Love Part 1





Greater Love Part 1

“No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends.” John 15:13

Isn’t it amazing how love has different levels? Who would have thought that “greater love” is shown when one friend exchanges his life for another friend. What does it take to really reach to that totally unselfish level?
I believe:
1.        One friend has to truly value the life of the other.
2.       He must have a deep desire to protect, rescue or preserve his friend’s life at any cost.
3.       He definitely believes that his friend deserves to live and not die.

This friend made a decision to accept anything that the enemy wants to do to him including, torture, imprisonment, starvation, abandonment, emotional and mental anguish of the worst kind, because he is disciplined and focused on the goal, “I will protect my friends.” This is not something easy to do no matter what. Some people complain for less than these things.
Can you think of a friend who did this for you? Though I have family members who served, I cannot think of an earthly friend who has done this for me specifically, but I do think of the soldiers who went to war to defend my freedom, though we had never met.

So indeed they looked beyond their immediate circle of friends and biological family and gave their lives for things that I now enjoy, and often pray to God to help me not to take these things for granted because the cost was some precious souls who believed I was worth the exchange.
A memorial of thankfulness and respect is due to all who chose to lay down their lives for us, their friends.
We are grateful to All our men and women who served and those who are still serving, so that we can dwell in the “land of the free and the home of the brave.”

© D. Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment